Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 00:07 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Advantages with the symlink method:
> * The user can actually manually change the name or location of the
>   well known folders if he want. He just has to change/create the
>   symlinks.

Nautilus/Konqueror/ROX Filer/etc could even notice when the user renames
a special folder, and update the symlinks accordingly.

We could also borrow an idea from Mac OS aliases and remember the inode
number of each of the folders, so that if the user does manage to move
or rename one of them behind GNOME's back, we still have a chance of
being able to find it and fix the symlink.

-- Dan