Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

l�004-12-11 klockan 12:36 -0500 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> Hi,
>
> Let's also think clearly about when each name is used.
>
> Take ~/Desktop and a translation Escritorio.

This is confusing.

In the file selector, I would have "Escritorio" - but, if I clicked the
"home" folder, I would also have "Desktop" available; and if I
bookmarked that for the file selector, I could well have both as options
without ever acknowliging that they in fact are the one and same?

I really, _really_ do not see how having a gconf key available pointing
at whatever happens to be the "Desktop" folder is worse. Sure, it will
break for any non-gnome app - but it will do so with dynamic renaming as
well.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Mor�(mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden