Re: GNOME Namespace Management - ARC & GNOME

 --- Mike Hearn <mike navi cx> wrote:
> Glynn Foster wrote:
> > Sun will always strongly support and encourage the use of Java as *the*
> > development platform, period. If that wasn't obvious, I don't know what
> > is.
>
> I guess I'm confused then - if this is the case, why do Sun care about
> GNOME/GTK+ interface stability? If Java is the one true supported
> platform, why bother working with the community to increase stability
> instead of just saying "these libraries are there to support the desktop
> environment, use them if you like but you're on your own"?
>
> Are Sun interested in GTK+ as a developer platform or not?

Because, realisticly, there will always be people who will for some reason
or other want to have a native and not java application? I would have thought
that to be quite obvious.

Why should Sun suport one and only one solution ?

[oh, and i'm not speaking for Sun in any way and don't even work for them...]

> thanks -mike

=====
Sander

.sigless