Re: build stuff [was Re: gnome-vfs build issue]

 --- Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:35:23 +0000 (GMT), Sander Vesik
> <sander_traveling yahoo co uk> wrote:
> >  --- Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

> > > I'd really, really love for modulesets (and I suppose jhbuildrc?) to be
> > > able to specify patches at remote locations, like a bugzilla URL. Being
> > > able to, for example, build firefox with native icon bits, or gtk with
> > > federico's search patches, would be great.
> > >

> > Why radicaly reduce the incentive to actually do something about patches being
> > stuck in bugzilla for ages?
>
> In both of the examples I cited, it's not entirely clear that the
> patches actually should be accepted upstream. That's the case I'm
> mostly concerned with.

Generic vs specific - while it will allow people to easily apply cool (if not
entirely kosher in all the other ways) patches to be applied to their builds
easily, it basicly allows anymaintainer at almost any time to take the "everybody
who needs this patch will have already added it to his/her/its jhbuildrc so its not
really cretitical I go through the patch bugs this week" attitude.

> Luis

=====
Sander

.sigless