Re: GNOME Namespace Management - ARC & GNOME

>> > Calling something 2:10 when you know it
>> > breaks anything depending on 2:8, or even 2:0:0, is a lie, and is
>> > breaking applications needlessly.
>>
>> A version number is not a promise of anything. It's just a number.
>>
>> Some things are ABI stable and some things aren't. There are far clearer
>> ways to communicate that than numerology.
>>

> So basicly - "nothing in the gnome developer stack is really ABI stable,
> we won't
> even really try, especially not if its inconvinient, and we also will
> absolutely not
> use well established ways to help others deal with our breakage".

How on earth do you get to that bizarre and obviously false conclusion?
Who has said that they don't want to work with SUN to make things even
better than they are now?

> Somewhy
> this
> doesn't sound like a useful policy.

No, it wouldn't be a useful policy. Luckily, it's not even remotely a
GNOME policy.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com