Re: filename translation implementation - how to decide

> Telling people like
> me that I have no right to speak up is possible, but its not a good way
> to build community.

I don't think anyone has suggested that.

I think this is actually a fairly good example of how it should be done.
1. The maintainer offers concrete proposals, and asks for feedback. He
tries to direct the discussion a bit, so that he gets the most out of it.
2. The maintainer decides when the discussion is still useful to him. He
then makes his decision, offering justification and saying what pros and
cons are most important to him.

Step 2 is necessary. The maintainer is the expert. Although a good
maintainer should be open to ideas, it's your job to convince him. It's
not the maintainers job to please everyone all the time.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com