Re: [Usability] A battery applet...

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

Yeah, but well, how realistic it is that I want to worry about the
battery of my digital camera the short time it is connected to my
laptop? Or my PDA. What it could do, is show a notification when the
battery is *low*, or if, say, an IPod battery is fully charged, so I
know I can unplug it.

Well, this sounds nice. While knowing about battery level of various small devices attached to your PC is really cool, I cannot find other usage than knowing that it is the time to plug in a charger in PDA/camera/whatever or unplug it if all you wanted was to charge its battery. So yes, I agree that making some notification pop up when the battery of the PDA/camera is critically low or fully charged is just enough.

cheers,
Andrei