Re: Proposal: gnome-proposed-modules

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 09:36 +0000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 11:03:05AM +0900 or thereabouts, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> >
> > Firstly, while I'm open to a read-only core developer list, it would
> > have to be done carefully (perhaps more carefully than we are with d-d-
> > l), since that is a path to the Dark Side that XFree86 walked down, and
> > I therefore recommend against it.
>
> Didn't we have a read-only list to some extent with one of the
> later incarnations of gnome-hackers?
>
> Anyone could read it, but you had to be subscribed to post. Well,
> I think you could try to post, but it had to be approved by the
> moderator(s).

	I've been wondering for a while could we have an inner
desktop-devel-list and an outer desktop-discussion-list.
desktop-devel-list would be a developers list, desktop-discussion-list
would be open to anyone. desktop-discussion-list would be subscribed to
desktop-devel-list so that non-developers could discuss stuff that's
happening on desktop-devel-list.

	Dunno, just a thought.

Cheers,
Mark.