Idea for GNOME 2.10 (metacity): Improved ALT+TAB window

This is my first message to a gnome maillist, so I hope everything
goes well placing it...

I had a suggestion for a new ALT+TAB window because the current one
does'nt look that pretty, and since ALT+TAB'ing is a common action, it
would be nice to have some nice screen for that.

I was thinking about something like Windows XP has with the powertoys,
but more HIG-like.

Screenshot: http://www.forest.impress.co.jp/article/2001/12/12/powertoysxp_taskswitcher_2r.gif

Perhaps the preview can be (optionally) done with the new Xorg
composite extension?

I'm looking forward to what you guys think.

Michaël Arnauts