Re: GTK+ (Was: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6)

+++ Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:35:03PM -0800 +++
Eugenia Loli-Queru e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> It seems that the GTK way of displaying a
> new window or menu is to first render on screen the background view and then
> load on top of it its widgets.

This looks like a programming issue...

> Other toolkits prefer to construct entirely
> the window and then show it on screen,

...because you can do that with GTK+, too -- it's a matter of
constructing your stuff and calling ...show_all() on the "background"
widget vs. constructing widgets and showing them one by one.

mawa

P.S.: Could you cut down on the TOFU (text overhead, fullquote under)?
--
schadenfreude, schiller, schilling, schlepp, schlieren, schmaltz,
schmuck, schnapps, schnauzer, schnitzel, schnorrer, schottische,