Re: GTK+ performance issues was Re: GTK+ (Was: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6)

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 19:31, Daniel Borgmann wrote:
> But now for the weird part: When the desktop is _not_ already selected
> and I right click on the desktop, most of the times the menu appears
> instantly. So for some obscure reason, the focus switch actually seems

I noticed this precise thing with Evolution about an hour ago.

Right clicking on a line in the message list causes the noticeably
two-part draw as I commented on earlier.

However, if I click onto the message preview pane to focus it, and then
again right-click on the SAME (currently selected) email in the message
list, then the popup menu draws instantly.

At first I thought it might have been some quirk with Evolution, but
since Nautilus does this too, it wouldn't seem to be the case.  I don't
know much about gtk internals, so I don't really know what this says, if
anything at all.

Cheers,
Jason.