Re: Scripting in Gnome

What advantage does a crappy language without useful and powerful
language features have over the already-standard, powerful, fast,
well-understood python and perl?  I would put forth that we'd have to
have a clear, demonstrable advantage before we throw all that
pre-existing effort on the floor and start something from scratch.
Something more than "perl is overkill".

-Rob