Re: Scripting in Gnome

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:31, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> So call me thick, but how is XML useful for expressing syntax and
> semantics of an arbitrary language? I work on a web browser and a
> JavaScript implementation, so don't be afraid to use big words and
> stuff.

XML as opposed to what? A propriety text format? An EBNF grammar format?

XML is useful , not just because its in fashion but also because there
are a lot of tools for working with xml documents. Im writing it in
Python and it has extensive support for XML, so why not use its xml
facilities especially as it will help speed up development?

jamie.