Re: Scripting in Gnome

    Perhaps relevant for the scripting discussion is a new libbonobo API
for GNOME 2.6.  I'm referring top the BonoboApplication API.  It is a
simple GObject-centric API (although not restricting to GObject types)
that allows for sending messages to unique application instances.
Relevant files are libonobo/bonobo/bonobo-application.[ch] and
libonobo/bonobo/bonobo-app-client.[ch].  It already has python bindings
and sample program too!

    As someone pointed out in the thread, scripting can be used for two
completely distinct purposes:
	1. Extending applications with plugins written in a scripting language;
	2. Exposing application functionality/services at run-time to the
desktop (automation).

    The BonoboApplication API can help with the second case.

    With this message I just meant to inform GNOME hackers about this
API, because I think not many people know about it yet.  Now, carry on
with the discussion, and please choose python as scripting language! ;-)

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.