Re: 2.5/2.6 UI-Review Status

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 17:53 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 15:54 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> > The CLARKBW Report
>

> <snip> good to see that solid progress was made, and some planning/
> foundation laid down for the future. Thanks a lot for taking this on,
> Bryan. When you say 'next release' I assume you mean 2.8, not 2.5.
> <next>? Or are you being more ambitious than I thought? :)

Er, yes your assumption is 100% correct.  I unfortunately cannot be more
ambitious right now as my advisor recently realized that I am supposed
to graduate in may and I haven't finished my thesis yet.  Luckily she's
only forcing me to write many a research paper in a couple weeks time
instead of selling me off into Graduate Student Slave Trade(tm).

Also, just to clarify a point I didn't make clear.   The UI-Review time
isn't really over, as per the schedule we are in a String/UI Freeze
therefore we can't be on the offensive anymore.  We are still responding
to major/blocking UI-Review bugs and trying to flush out those remaining
issues while under the watchful eye of the release team.

Cheers,
~ Bryan

--
You know, Arthur, when you spend two months riding around on a really
big man, you start to learn a few things about yourself. You learn that