Re: Please, include Gnome System Tools in Gnome 2.6 (+suggestion for preferences)

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 15:02, foser wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 20:00, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I think g-s-t is used by gentoo, which some sections of society feel is
> > mainstream.
>
> g-s-t is not used by Gentoo.

OK, thanks.

>  It isn't even available at this time as
> ebuild, because 2 out of 5 tools do not work with Gentoo. Last time i
> looked at it the supported tools didn't seem to be fully functional
> either. I am not even sure some of the tools goals/UIs fit the way
> Gentoo handles things. There has been some community interest in getting
> it added to the Gentoo tree, but there has been no effort yet from that
> side to create backends for the missing tools.
>
> I personally do not see g-s-t as something that needs to be in the
> desktop release. Even if it was included in the release it probably
> would not be included in Gentoo for the simple fact that it isn't fully
> functional yet.

I'm sure that the maintainer would like to know about any particular
bugs, ideally in bugzilla. Or maybe there is a gentoo bug tracker or
mailing list with this information.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com