Re: Release Cycle to low!

On 19/02/04 05:52, Colin Walters wrote:

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 12:55, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
It makes it easier to keep the tarballs passing make distcheck and so
keeps the extra workload on the maintainers to a minimum.

This reminds me - has anyone looked into setting up Buildfarm� or
Buildbot� for GNOME?

� http://build.samba.org/http://buildbot.sourceforge.net/
You might want to check out jhbuild. It doesn't currently do everything that buildfarm or buildbot do, but I would guess that it handles large stacks of dependent modules a lot better. A sample of its output is at:
   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/jhbuild-tbox/

You can do runs like this using the "jhbuild tinderbox -o outputdir". If there are particular features that you think would be useful additions to this mode, please file them in bugzilla.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/