Re: A question about procedure regarding a desktop environment policy

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:51:50AM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 00:46, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > What follows is a question about procedure.
> [snip]
> > So, again, the question:
> >
> >   What is preventing GNOME form dropping sloppy focus support?
> [snip]
>  This is a fairly
> >        straightfoward matter of finding out what it takes
> >        to be rid of a bad policy.
>
> Completely ignoring the specific issue, and assuming that something
> needs to be changed:
>
> I think a GEP is the closest thing we have to a policy or mechanism for
> this. But I don't think we've had a GEP that has forced a maintainer to
> do what they don't want to do, and a maintainer might not stick around
> if we did. GNOME wouldn't have got this far if we had that kind of
> structure.

Thanks. This is the kind of information I was asking for.  I was under
the impression that the GEP process had faded away; there's been nothing
on gep-announce for almost a year. There are some other things I needed
to know, pertaining to the specific issue, but I guess there's no mailing
list for them.

I took the issue up with one of the maintainers and mostly have left it in
his hands.

Cheers,
Greg