Re: PPP Dial up tool

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 16:14, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> What is the status of  any Gnome PPP dialup tool?

gnome-system-tools has a tool to configure network configurations, and
PPP is one of the available types.  Use that to configure the account
(g-s-t will be in GNOME 2.6 hopefully) and then use the Modem Lights
applet to activate the connection.

This has worked well for me in the past, until I upgraded to ADSL.

Dedicated tools are a bad solution, as there is then difficulty if I
want to dial out and am not in GNOME.  Interfacing with the
distributions network layer makes everything obvious and always
available (i.e. in Debian I type "pon" to bring up the PPP connection
which g-s-t configured for me).

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./