Re: Proposed: gnome-system-tools

El dom, 04-01-2004 a las 17:33, Ross Burton escribió:
> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 06:52, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > gnome-system-tools
> > ------------------
>
> I'm mixed about g-s-t.  Some of the tools are very nice, but I feel that
> the PPP configuration relying on wvdial to work is a bad choice, as most
> distributions come with a PPP framework.

I agreed in the "PPP Dial up tool" thread, but I'd prefer to focus
development first on supporting distros/OS like slackware, gentoo or
FreeBSD, which have an important user base too

> Also, for me the tools appear in Application -> System Tools, which
> seems wrong when the names are "Boot", "Networking", etc.  I've not
> built it from source but am using the Debian package, is this the same
> for pristine source?

yes it is, it's IMHO a slightly less incorrect place for g-s-t that
desktop preferences

> Is it time to talk about Desktop Preferences/System Configuration again?

As answered to Havoc, I think so :-P

	Regards