Re: Proposed: Rhythmbox

Le lun 05/01/2004 à 11:19, Eugenia Loli-Queru a écrit :
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
>  >Why is gnomemeeting part of the core desktop then?  It is quite
> >difficult to compile, and adds bulk that I think many users at this
> >stage could do without.
>
> Yup. Funnily, this is the one app Patrick wanted to take out of Slackware's
> Gnome 2.4.0 too... I tried to convince him to include it as I already had a
> working webcam with Linux...

Tells a lot about your arguments ...

>  >Not being included *DOESN'T* mean the application is not available to
> users.
>
> No. You only limit it to ~10% of its potential market. That's how big it can
> get if it is not included by default.

Uh ? Where do you get these figures from ?

> > We will all continue to use Rhythmbox regardless of its inclusion in the
> Desktop.
>
> You will be using it. I will too. But most of new Linux/Unix users won't,
> because most people don't bother.

Don't be silly, once RB is present in a distro, users won't care if it
has a "Gnome Desktop" seal of approval.
Hell, several GNOME users install K3B to burn CDs, and I'm pretty sure
it's not part of the Gnome Desktop Release !