Re: Proposed: mozilla-bonobo

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:51:33 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hmm, yeah, weird. Update, Chris? What do you think about it, Marco?

Last time I talked to him blizzard was hacking on a new (non-bonobo)
plugin interface based on XEmbed and some callbacks (ie no need for Xt
anymore) - if this is going into the core of Moz/Gecko then I'd question
the usefulness of this plugin.

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/html/2003/12/

See the entry for December 10th:

December 10th, 2003
3:40pm: (Gecko:13163): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337
(g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

    Yesterday I managed to get a gtk2 plugin working in Mozilla without
    any Xt. No X errors and only one GLib-GObject-CRITICAL warning that I
    can't fix as near as I can tell. I had to fix one leak that was hiding
    other problems that turned out to be in the sample plugin that I had
    built.

    Next up is to build a simple easy to use gtk widget that will allow
    people to build plugins really easily.

Caution needed here.......