Re: Proposed: mozilla-bonobo

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 19:45, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> I'm wary of running with architecture
> that's on it's way out.

To clarify: I was talking about the new plugin development that is
apparently happening, and whether the old systems needed bridging if a
new and easy way is being developed based on XEmbed.

I don't think that *every* possible file should be opened in the browser
window, so maybe on the occasions that that should happen the developers
of, say, a PDF program should just add a bit of XEmbed code. Instead of
having a bridge with the disadvantage that *all* bonobo components are
pluginified.

Make sense, dudes? :)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

The opinions here are my own, and aren't necessarily representative of
the foundation or release team.