RE: PATCH keyword, again

> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 10:11, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > So how am I supposed to get a second maintainer if I can't
> > > get a second developer?  Are we going to kick Yelp out of the
> > > GNOME Desktop because I'm the only person who wants to work on it?
> >
> > No, I am suggesting that maintainers try to find
> co-maintainers. I'm
> > most concerned about the maintainers who aren't even asking
> for help.
>
> I agree.  I just don't want to see us implement a strict rule
> that if you only have one maintainer, you're out.

In case anybody still misunderstands me, I do not want a strict rule or any
commandment from above or any extra requirement for being a GNOME module. I
think a maintainers guide can cover this _suggestion_ and others just fine,
and I am confident that maintainers would be sufficiently influenced by a
mere suggestion when that suggestion seems sensible.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net