Re: New external dependecy request (ICU)

Hello,

> > Will it had a C library or something used from C without the need to
> > read the .xml data directly?
> >
> > Could we share it without depending on C#?
>
> should it be a new project?, say, GNOME ICU, which read *only* the CLDR
> data. Mono can have P/Invoke call to it (or write it's own managed ICU
> lib).

Well, if you are going to depend on something, you might as well just
depend on the real ICU instead of our own stuff which will be just a
subset.

Another option might be to write a tool to automatically update  the
po/LANG_COUNTRY files from ICU.   So only translators would have to use
this tool.

It is slightly suboptimal, but might be a good solution until ICU is
adopted by more Linux distros (There are a few other folks using ICU, I
believe OpenOffice ships its own copy)