Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Evan Martin wrote:

> From: Evan Martin <martine danga com>
> Subject: Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)
>
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:15:04AM +0100, Chipzz wrote:
> > The packages that I know of:
> >
> > # grep-dctrl libgal -F Depends -s Package -s Depends /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_*_binary-i386_Packages | grep-dctrl -v libgal23 | grep-dctrl -v libgal-dev -s Package | sort
> > [...]
> > Package: logjam
>
> LogJam only depends on libgal because libgtkhtml3 depends on it, and
> LogJam uses libgtkhtml3.
>
> I think that entire list are packages specific to evolution. (with the
> exception of encompass, which likely also only depends on libgal
> through the chained libgtkhtml3 dependency).

Argh, you're right - so does encompass. I also looked at agnubis, and it
only pulls in the gtk_combo_* function:

gtk_combo_box_get_type
gtk_combo_box_set_title
gtk_combo_stack_new
gtk_combo_text_add_item
gtk_combo_text_get_type
gtk_combo_text_new
gtk_combo_text_select_item

Which may be portable to gtk+ 2.4 - but those symbols were not in libegg
:/ (yes I did cut of the initial gtk :P)

What I'm worried about is the widgets that may be usefull to other apps.
Ie, the color_combo(_box), which I can see apps like gnumeric, abiword
and others use. Actually, gnumeric uses one that looks exactly like the
one in evolution. So what _do_ those apps use ATM? One of these imple-
mentations should probably be moved to the gnome-office library when
jody splits it out of gnumeric I guess, or possibly some other lib.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny