Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)

<quote who="Jon K?re Hellan">

> > > I'm not suggesting that gal be deleted. I'm urging that it not be
> > > included in the platform. gal has never been a platform library.
>
> > There has been no proposal for GAL (or anything else) to be added to the
> > Developer Platform for 2.6.
>
> OK, I misunderstood. I'm in fact urging that gal not be included in the
> *Desktop*. Which it would have to be if evolution is included and keeps
> gal as an external dependency.

As jpr has mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the goal is to integrate GAL
into Evolution. That may not be a huge priority given the release timeline,
so if it doesn't happen, and Evolution is accepted, GAL would be included in
the Desktop release... and there's really nothing wrong with that at all,
unless you can convince us otherwise. :-)

- Jeff

  "I rather think of Pat as our linguistic ornithologist here - 'Oh look,
         the brown noddy also nests in the mangrove!'" - John Fleck