Usability Tests [Was: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector]

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:54, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Most people using GNOME are not people who have never used a computer.

Hmms, I'd say most people using GNOME are techies and reasonably
computer savvy, but the user GNOME's been targeting isn't really that
one. Or has it changed without me noticing?

> Only testing people who've never used a computer would bias the results
> towards a user base that is all but non-existent for large segments of
> the GNOME target user base.

No. It would bias the results towards usability, instead of perceived
usability (ie, user used to do something someway in another OS).

> That said, this is getting off-topic.  If nobody has any *real*
> usability tests for the file selector, we're still at square 0.

And that won't happen without actually implementing something :)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?