Re: [Usability] Re: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s NewFileSelector

From: "Paul Thompson" <captbunzo squirrelmail org>
> Wow. The tab implementation for directories is awesome.
> I'd like to see how OSX handles things when the number of directories
> expands beyond the horizontal limitations of the dialog box.

Please note that this is not a Mac OS X feature. Path Finder is a third
party file manager, it is not Apple's Finder.
So, the way Path Finder does it is resizing the mini-buttons each time it
runs out of space, and then add "..." to the names in the buttons and when
it really gets seriously out of space it only displays the first letter of
each folder in the mini-buttons and only shows in full the currently
selected folder. I don't believe that this is the best way to deal with this
of course, Path Finder hasn't perfected Path Navigation. I haven't thought
of alternative ways yet but I might do some work on it this weekend.

> Thanks for posting the movie! :)

Np. :)

Eugenia