Re: Proposed: monkey-bubble

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:59:58AM -0600 or thereabouts, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 04:07, Laurent Belmonte wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > >   + First and foremost, you've got to do something about the bubble
> > >     colours ! :-) Being quite badly colour blind, I totally suck at
> > >     the game because its very hard to distinguish between
> > >     bubble_05/bubble_07 and bubble_02/bubble_08. Possibly using stripes
> > >     or spots on some of the bubbles might help.
> > i agree with you.
>
> OK, so I know you already agreed and all, but I want to throw in a big
> "Me Too" on this.  Somewhere on the order of 1 in 10 males have some
> sort of color blindness.  It is one of the most common accessibility

I'm a bit confused about this. I thought Monkey Bubble was a version
of Frozen Bubble. Frozen Bubble already has a -cb option which is
for colour blindness. Looking at the screenshot, it's not that the
colour changes: it's that you get symbols inside the bubbles as well.

So if Frozen Bubble has them, Monkey Bubble really should!

> needs.  gnome-games has a number of color problems as well.  The only
> thing that's kept me from fixing them is that my productivity would
> decrease drastically if I were able to play glines.  Wait, on second
> thought, maybe you shouldn't fix the colors. ;-)

Erm. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned this then :)

Telsa (who is not colour-blind but has trouble with glines too!)