Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 11:41 -0500, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > >Probably. Can the evolution maintainers comment on that? Is this a problem
> > >for anyone?
> >
> > 	libsoup will also be useful for other apps in the desktop.
> > If included, bug-buddy will use it to do http POST for bug submitting
> > instead of using sendmail. Also gdict would use it (see bug #77734),
> > and I think,  in the future, lots of applications could use the soap stuff
> > for web services (wheather, tickets...)
>
> I thought libsoup lost SOAP support when it moved to GNOME2 ?

but it was added back (a simple one so far, but which could be extended
as the needs arise). It just contains right now what we need for the
Groupwise backend, nothing more. The WSDL stuff that soup used to have
back in its first days, that all has been removed, but there is a simple
API for creating and parsing SOAP messages/responses.

cheers