Re: proposal for a smarter behavior for raising windows on mouse click

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 07:41, Kai Weber wrote:

> If I want drag-n-drop a file to a directory which file explorer window
> is beneath the source window I want to *raise* the underlying window! If
> I have this problem I alway have to rearrange the windows on screen.

This is not hard to do.  Start a short timer in your
GtkWidget::drag_motion handler and when it expires, raise your window.
Cancel the timer in your GtkWidget::drag_leave handler.

The effect of this is to raise the window whwhen you have been dragging
something over it for N milliseconds.

  Federico