Re: Scripting in Gnome

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 12:59, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 13:55, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > Well how about this:
> >
> > http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/sashxb/
> >
> > Which is basicly allows those who are HTML and javascript coders write
> > GNOME apps in JavaScript.  This might be what the initial poster had in
> > mind.  From the site "SashXB weblications can currently run in a simple
> > window, in a Glade-designed UI, in a GNOME panel, or even in a
> > console-based scripting environment."
> >
> > I don't know how robust it is but it looks like a cool project.
>
> Sash is, pretty much, just Yet Another Language Binding, with a few
> nifty differences (like browser integration).  It is not a desktop-wide
> scripting solution.

That... and the fact that SashXB appears to be a "busy-project" for a
summer intern at IBM that hasn't received much work of late.  Of course,
I could be completely wrong about all that... its just how it appeared
when I last looked at it (about 6 months ago).

Tim.

                                                      Timothy E. Peoples
                                                   Have Camel, Will Code
                                                         tim toolman org

       Why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?