Re: GTK+ (Was: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6)

>Personally, that sounds a lot more like an application bug>  Perhaps you
>should be notifying the Galeon/Abiword/whoever developers.  Especially
>since you note this problem doesn't occur on GEdit.

I think you are reffering to the bug report Owen linked earlier. Yes, the
menu popup lag is more visible on these "heavier" apps, but comparatively to
equivelant kde or xp apps, gedit also feels "slow" as I said to my previous
email.

> If you're using AA fonts without good Render support, it can bring things
to a crawl very easily.

I just tried it, I disabled AA and haven't seen any noticable change.

>You also haven't mentioned which theme you're using.

Gnome's "Default", no extra tweaking anywhere.

>As already mentioned, your specific video driver or applications could
easily be the culprit of the problems.

I tried many apps, all Gtk apps give me the same feeling. And also it
happens on all my machines and distros or BSDs. It is the way gtk works, I
guess.

Eugenia