Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]

Hi,

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> - Why do we need egg_recent_item_set_mime_type()?
> egg_recent_item_new_from_uri() computes the MIME type automatically.
> Isn't that what we want to happen in all cases?

How can it compute the mimetype from the URI? It would have to open
the file again (bad!) and even then it can only succeed when the
mime-type is registered in shared-mime-info database which is not
guaranteed to be the case. It should be left to the application to set
the mime-type.

Sven