Re: Vino: proposal for inclusion in GNOME 2.8

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:49, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> I would really like to see this in GNOME. But if we have a VNC server,
> we might need a VNC client also.

	Yeah, I'd love to see a GNOME VNC client too. I started working on one
but haven't had the time to really get very far with it.

> The best one for GNOME seems to be
> tsclient, so it would be wise to add support for RFB protocol encryption
> to it, so that it works with vino.

	Its a common misconception that tsclient is a VNC client - but its not.
In fact, its very much *not* a VNC client :-)

	tsclient is a dialog for constructing command lines and executing them.
One of the command lines it allows you to construct begins with
"vncviewer". So, its not a GNOME VNC client (like KDE's one - krdc), but
I guess it is marginally better than the .desktop file for vncviewer in
the short term ...

Cheers,
Mark.