Re: Vino: proposal for inclusion in GNOME 2.8

On Maw, 2004-07-13 at 14:21, Luis Villa wrote:
> >From my reading of your own description, most of the cool, tie-in-with-
> other-bits stuff (gdm, for example) would be in the 2.10 timeframe. I
> mean, we don't even have a VNC viewer- how is this different from

How relevant are gdm type bits anyway. Out of the box you can already
set up Xvnc + gdm + a couple of scripts to server desktops on demand to
any VNC client where the desktop only has a VNC existance.

That covers most of that kind of use - things like having

	http://my.box.com

serve a web page with java appet and gdm to all comers