Re: Image viewers

Louis Garcia wrote:
Why are there two image viewers for gnome. Eog and gthumb basically do
the same thing. I personally like gthumb as eog ui can use some work. As
I understand eog is used as a bonobo component for nautilus to display
images in the nautilus window. Why can't we just move the bonobo
component to gthumb and kill eog?

I, for one, would be very unhappy if this happened. EoG is much faster than gThumb, and has an interface much more suitable for quick viewing of images. For day to day tasks, I find Nautilus + EoG do 90% of what gThumb does. Any image manipulation is carried out in the Gimp.

--Pat