Re: On Documentation

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 02:36 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:

> The documentation team is very under-staffed this cycle.  We do have
> some eager new contributors, but it takes time to get people ramped up
> completely.  Please understand that proposing an undocumented module for
> inclusion in 2.8 may very well be equivalent to proposing that I write
> complete documentation for that module from scratch in one month.  As I
> mentioned a few days ago, I'm effectively taking a break from coding for
> the rest of this release cycle to do documentation work.

Maybe it is time to bite the bullet and decide that new modules can't go
in unless they come with their respective manuals.  And if they are
libraries, they should come with at least complete gtk-doc coverage.  We
can't be serious about presenting GNOME to people as a serious
development platform unless it has good documentation.

  Federico