Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Nettool for GNOME 2.8

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 18:14 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> We would like to propose GNOME Nettool for inclusion in the GNOME 2.8
> desktop release.
>
> GNOME Nettool is an application that provides GUI access to many
> networking command line tools, like ping, traceroute, netstat, finger,
> whois, ifconfig. It was originally based on the similar tool that is
> available in Mac OS X, but has since been greatly improved and is now a
> much better tool than the one from Apple.

Personally, I think this is very useful stuff for an administrator,
network engineer, or developer. But I don't think it helps users with
their goals.

Also, can it be used to start/stop network connections, or does it just
query ifconfig?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com