Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.8

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 22:17 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> The Evolution team would like to formally propose Evolution 2.0
> (http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution) for inclusion in the GNOME 2.8
> Desktop release.

(I know I'm risking to be flamed. Badly. But people on irc suggested it
could be a point worth raising on the mailing list, so I'll take the
risk)

Isn't anyone concerned by the fact that Evo would be the only module
included which requires copyright assignment?

Note: I love Evoultion and I'd love to see it in the desktop release,
I'm just raising the question.

Note 2: please don't start a flamewar about about copyright
assignemnt/GPL/FSF/GNOME/KDE/Whatever. Ximian/Novell has all its rights
to require copyright assignment and Evolution *is* GPL, the only thing I
am wondering is how this interacts with the inclusion in the desktop
release.

My primary concern with this is that some people (me included, but other
on irc agreed) which just want to submit a couple of patches to scratch
their itches, often cannot be bothered to do the required paperwork even
if they would have no problem with the copyright assignment itself.

ciao
	paolo