Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Volume Manager for GNOME 2.8

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 17:39 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> What is required to port this to FreeBSD (or any other non-Linux OS)?
> Sorry, I haven't had time to really take a look at Project Utopia and
> friends in any real detail.

Absolutely nothing! :)

It does not use anything but HAL.

The real question is, what will it take to port HAL to FreeBSD.  That is
a question better for hal freedesktop org   The answer is that it should
be do-able and not too hard, but will involve some effort.

	Robert Love