Re: [Utopia] Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:05:34AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Robert Love">
> >         * How is the line between GNOME and freedesktop.org platform
> >         managed?  HAL and D-BUS are freedesktop.org components.  Are
> >         they merely requirements for GNOME or do we make them part of
> >         the Desktop release proper?
>
> That's an interesting one. Without a 'freedesktop.org Platform' release in
> the picture, it makes it slightly harder. That said, we could call Utopia
> components the 'freedesktop.org Utopia' release, and say we depend on that.

Er, heh.

Unfortunately I have no time outside of uni and my paid work on X right
now, so I can't do it. I appointed Chris Lee to the release team[0], and
I've asked him to start working through a release; we're targeting it
for mid-July, when we're going to be locked in the same house together
for a few weeks (I'm in Boston from July 11th->Aug 2nd, and at OLS in
the middle of that).

Unfortunately, Chris is busy having just moved up to Boston (well, NH;
either way, he still has no furniture yet), and is in Raleigh at RHAT's
orientation.

So, er, yeah, that's the story with the platform ATM. Sorry, I just had
no idea how insanely busy uni would be.

:) d

PS: Not subscribed, remember to CC, etc, etc.

[0]: Tap the sword on each shoulder and all that.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel fooishbar org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,