Re: how to create new protocol handler for irc:// ?

Not hard at all. The xchat binary supports the IRC URI format. Run xchat
--help. So adding a protocol handler is just like adding any other in
the File types and programs capplet. Add a new service, the protocol is
irc, and for the program to run put: xchat %s. That should do it. -Link

--
Link Dupont <link subpop net>