Re: Accessing the workspace switcher

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:59, Leenard Bill wrote:
> I need to access the workspace switcher in Gnome
> programmatically.  I'm writing an application start-up
> utility that launches pieces of the application in
> various workspaces.  Currently, administrators do it
> manually by clicking on each workspace, running the
> processes for the application in that workspace, and
> then clicking on the next workspace, etc.

Checkout devilspie[1] -- this can catch applications starting and
relocate them to different workspaces (amongst other things).  This plus
the usual panel launchers might do what you want.

However, if you really want a workspace switcher, its a widget in
libwnck.

Ross

[1] http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com