Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

So, is this the proposal?

     *Platform: GNOME C libraries + Classpath
     *Runtime: GObject and CLI (from Mono; IKVM to
allow easy Java usage)
     *Desktop: C, C++, Java, Python, etc (but not
Mono?)
     *3rd party apps: whatever language they feel
like.

I guess my confusion is whether we're talking about
the platform or the desktop level (and where does the
runtime come into it?).  It does seem beneficial to
limit the platform to C (with maybe one other
language-- Python? Java?).

Lastly, does any of this matter if we have nice
language bindings, as Murray is putting together?

--- Ryan McDougall <ryan mcdougall telusplanet net>

=====
~~~~~~~~~
dissertus scribendo latine videri volo.