Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

Today at 19:11, Raphael Bosshard wrote:

> How difficult would it be to use the Java VM for other languages than
> Java. Say, C# or Python?

Dunno about C#, but Havoc at the very start of the discussion (in his
blog), mentioned Jython: www.jython.org.

So, Python is already (sort of) done on top of JVM.

> If I get it right, it would be quite difficult to get Python coop with
> the JVM since it is dynamicly typed. But since it is possible to port
> Java Bytecode to the CLI, the opposite should be quite possible,
> shouldn't it?

Actually, from what I understood, it seems as if this would be harder.

Not that it matters, but I'm a big fan of C/Python myself (I don't
yet figure why's everybody including C++ there, since I don't see a
single platform component using C++, or gtkmm would already be in the
platform, right? -- or, is this perhaps a proposal to include gtkmm in
the platform? ;)

Cheers,
Danilo