Re: gscreensaver :: a bit of a mockup

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 23:46 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 08:08 -0700, Shahms King wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > number of reasons, it doesn't make sense to have any screensaver showing
> > on any display which isn't actually visible.  It centralizes user
>
> Yeah, this is one of the things I was kind of getting it. It seems like
> it might be a little hard to work out which screens are visible or not
> though, remember we have XTerms and remote sessions to deal with.
>
> --d

I've written a little fast user switching applet, which includes a
static lib with a couple nice GObjects to handle GDM interaction
(screens, users [w/ face pixbufs], etc.). It'd be trivial to copy/paste
that static lib, the only thing that's not working properly is
gdmcomm_check(), which I haven't updated yet.

http://esco.mine.nu/archive/2004/05/05/user-selector-applet-005.html

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after victims
     of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about that: Blackhawk.
     Apache. And Comanche. If the Luftwaffe named its military
     helicopters Jew and Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"