Re: Introducing Muine, Rhythmbox in 2.8 and other things

Shaun ONeil wrote:
A big blank playlist was a little odd to be greeted with.  Is there any
way this could contain 'what next' information when it's not populated.
ie "your playlist and library are both empty .. you might wanna _Import
Folder_".  I'm not sure if this is a plus or a minus on usability, but
some kind of hint somewhere would be nice imho.

I agree here. Even after importing a folder, your playlist remains blank. There's no status bar or confirmation that n songs were imported , so that means I have to go set up a playlist. Maybe a "what next" dialog would help, but is that really standard?

I know this is really Rhythmbox feature, and we're trying to get away from that with Muine, but a "view library" button, or even a status bar at the bottom reporting how many songs are in my library seems appropriate here.

On another note, I've noticed 2 things about importing folders:

1) If you import a folder, and then add songs to it afterward, Muine doesn't update your folder contents, and you have to re-add the folder to get the files. I've done it on the fly (with Muine still open), and after closing and re-opening Muine. 2) #1 causes you to have multiple copies of everything, i.e., if I have Song A in my library, add Song B, then re-import, I now have 2 copies of Song A and one copy of Song B. This is probably an easy fix (or my copy is busticated), and if I knew C# better, I'd probably attach a patch.

Has anybody else seen this, and/or should I file bug(s)?

--Mike