Re: what's going on with menus?

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 17:45 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 14:49, Christian Neumair wrote:
>
> > > Well, what do you think about
> > > http://www.cluecoder.org/manny/calum-menu-edit.png ?
>
> Yeah, that looks like the sort of thing I had in mind. It might be fun
> to experiment with making the Applications list look more like the
> list
> in the Theme and Background capplets, too (application names in
> bold/large, tooltip underneath in regular font, app icon to the
> left).
> But when I was sketching it out I got the impression that this format
> probably wouldn't work terribly well as a checkbox list, which is a
> pity.

The checkboxes could be moved to the right side, then it'd look OK.

[Application                ][Visible]
+---+   Text Editor
| * |                                  [x]
+---+   Edit Text Files

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after victims
     of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about that: Blackhawk.
     Apache. And Comanche. If the Luftwaffe named its military
     helicopters Jew and Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"